I'm happy to report that my busy weekend was an incredible success. I went to yoga, completed my papers (so happy with the outcome!), and did some organizing for my Thailand trip! All in a days work.
Now, behold...a healthy take on spinach artichoke dip, free of processed junk and dead calories.
Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip
Lightly adapted by Emily at Daily Garnish
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 can artichokes, packed in water (no salt, if possible)
- Tip: drain, rinse, and cut artichokes into quarters before you begin cooking
- 1 lb bag or box frozen spinach (note: if your frozen spinach comes in a box, aka frozen block, it'll be much easier to defrost for an hour or two)
- 2 heading tbsp Tofutti cream cheese
- 1/4 unsweetened almond milk or non-dairy milk of choice
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 cup non-dairy, or low fat dairy, cheese
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
Alex and I dusted this dip in 45 minutes flat. Although, technically it was our dinner. We had a late lunch so opted for veggies n' dip for dinner. Brilliance, no? Around 8:30pm, just in time for Hawaii Five-0, I had a small bowl of plain Be Natural cereal to tie me over ;)
Let me know if you make this dip and gobble it up as quickly as we did...:/ embarrassing or expected? I can't be sure ;)
Happy weekend! Happy Monday! Happy life. xox